Homeschooling in California
We have assembled resources for homeschool families in California to find local support groups and laws concerning homeschooling in California
Looking for California homeschool information? Get access to resources, support groups, test prep information, and curriculum information at Time4Learning! We combine the technology kids love with the lessons they need to make learning fun!
- Association of Christian Home Educators
of Ventura County
- P.O. Box 6657 Ventura, CA 93006
Homeschoolers - Long Beach - West Orange County
- Christian Home Educators of the
County of Kern (CHECK) - Bakersfield homeschool support group
Homeschool Network - Inclusive group covering Culver City,
Westchester, Playa del Rey and nearby areas of Los Angeles.
- Desert Home Educators
Association (DHEA) - Edwards Air Force Base
Homeschool Adventures - This is an inclusive activity group
for Lompoc, Buellton, Solvang, Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, and
surrounding communities. We are an active group with weekly park
days and monthly field trips. We meet every week -- weather permitting
-- at a park in Lompoc. All homeschoolers are welcome to attend!
Please feel free to check out the group on a park day.
- Homegrown Kids - East
bay - an inclusive and friendly group of homeschooling families in
the Berkeley and surrounding area. We meet weekly for park days and
organize field trips, classes, potlucks, and other events according
to our interests and schedules.
- Homeschool Connections - Santa Barbara County, California
Inclusive support group serving Lompoc and Santa Maria. Regular park
days, field trips, and other fun activities.
of the Central Coast - We are an inclusive group of homeschoolers
for San Luis Obispo County, meeting together on a regular basis
for interaction and scheduled field trips. We meet to talk about
issues and to allow the children to play together. We keep a relaxed
and casual atmosphere amongst us.
- Homeschooling in Orange County,
- Morongo Basin Fun-Schooling - Secular, inclusive group that meets in and around Joshua Tree and Yucca Valley. We meet weekly for fun educational activities like: science days, field trips, plays and lots of Waldorf inspired crafts and seasonal celebrations. We have kids from age2-15. We have a monthly teen night and mom's might out. We ask that you participate in the activities with your children and save discussions for play-time which is usually several hours long. Please leave toy guns and electronic devices at home.
- Phone: Renee Wilcox 760-365-0743
- Riverside Area Home Learners
- Sacramento Council of Parent
- Sacramento Homeschool
Meetup Group - A group for Christian homeschooling mothers
and their children. We offer many great opportunities to interact
with other like-minded families. We get together for Park Days,
Field Trips, Games, Skating, Bowling, and more! We also offer an
Art Co-op and a Teen Group. Free membership!
- San Francisco Homeschoolers
- South Bay Homeschool Network
- South Coast Christian Home Educators - A support group of over 100 families, located primarily in the southern Orange County area. We aim to provide support and encouragement to each other through various social, spiritual and educational events. Members can access a private website where field trips, ideas, events, advice and so on are freely discussed. We promote homeschooling as an excellent educational and family lifestyle choice and do hope you’ll join us.
Explorers - An inclusive support group serving Alameda and
Contra Costa counties in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Home Educators - Christian orientation. Modesto area
- PO Box 4016 Modesto, CA 95352
- Phone: 209-544-6892
Valley Homeschoolers of the San FernandoValley
Fresno Sunnyside Christian
- Fresno area homeschool support group and ISP.
We handle all paperwork and mentor new homeschoolers. This group
is open to most Californians. We offer teacher meetings, teacher
support, curriculum and high school counseling, and more...
STAR Prep Academy
designed for students who seek a personally meaningful education
that addresses their individual needs, and challenges the traditional
education format with incredible interdisciplinary programs. The
private middle and high school, which shares its campus with
the ECO Station wildlife rescue center, utilizes Gardner's Theory
of Multiple-Intelligences by integrating artistic and project-based
learning into its high caliber academic programs. The school
also provides many extended education opportunities, including
after school programs, internships, and independent study. Flexible
schedules are perfect for part time and home schools students.